Anderson Power Products
(Redirected from Anderson connector)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Anderson Power Products make high-power DC connectors with many safety features.
- 12-24AWG with special pins.
- The different colors are designed to mark which DC voltage range they're meant for.
- The physical plugs also have safety features so that brown will only connect with brown, black with black, and so on.
- This is most relevant in an industrial setting where multiple systems are in play that may require different voltages and need operator guidance to prevent mistakes.
- Tooling per Anderson
- Several knowledgeable forum members have reported that Anderson's own recommended crimping tool is not adequate - an alternative has not been presented.
- Best crimping tool for Anderson SBS-75X
- NOTE: Many guides are available but often skew to the low-power 12V Powerpole segment which has less danger or quality requirements than the level of power and voltage going to the Zero:
- Anderson Powerpole Assembly Instructions
- How to install Anderson Powerpole connectors (unofficial guidance video)
- Using and Crimping Anderson Powerpoles Without the Special Expensive Tool (unofficial guidance video)
- 50a 6-8g quick cable connectors - when the best still suck - Anderson Power Pole Connectors shows a solar installation connector with some lessons learned via mistakes.
- NOTE: The SBS series are not part of the PowerPole family.
- Anderson Powerpole Connectors
- Anderson Powerpole Data Sheets and Drawings
- Pin removal
- With an appropriate small tool (nonmarring pin removal plastic tool, or small flat-blade screwdriver), depress the metal tab under each pin.
- Push gently on the pin (or pull gently on the pin from the rear) to slide it out.
- Remove and re-insert Anderson pins (unofficial guidance video)
|Aux socket connector||879-PM16S1416S32|
|Aux pin connector, standard sequence||879-PM16P1416S30|
|#10 AWG connectors||879-1339G3-BK|
|#6 AWG connectors||879-1339G2-BK|