Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are no memory effects with Li-ion chemistry.
- Some 'Smart' battery management systems might recommend performing a deep discharge followed by a full charge from time to time.
- This helps re-calibrate the system and give better estimations of capacity remaining.
- However, there is no need to do this from purely a cell maintenance point of view.
- All Li-ion batteries have protection circuits (Zero uses the BMS and Contactor) to keep the cells within their safe operating voltage range.
- You can therefore simply charge and discharge at will and not worry about charging a battery that is half full.