Chain Kit Install
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This covers installation of Zero's Chain Kit.
- This replaces the belt with a chain.
- This installs a chain guide on the underside of the swingarm.
- This replaces the pulley sprockets with toothed sprockets.
- Video Guide
- Center lift.
- 27mm socket for the rear axle nut.
- 3mm Allen key.
- 10mm Allen key socket
- Ensure at least 1" depth and a ⅜" drive sufficient to handle swingarm pivot bolt torques.
- 15mm socket wrench (S models).
- 13mm socket wrench (X models).
- Torque wrench capable of setting 75ft-lbs and driving the 27mm socket and 10mm Allen key.
- 2.5mm Allen key.
- 24mm socket wrench.
- (2013-2017?) 6mm Allen key and wrench to remove the rear sprocket pulley from the rear wheel.
- (2018?) T45 Torx bit and wrench to remove the rear sprocket pulley from the rear wheel.
- For any chain fitment, wait until running the chain over the sprockets (and probably through the guide) before unlinking the chain and fitting a master link for its final length.
- Any mistakes in length estimation require more chain tool use which is just adding risk.
Disclaimer Disclaimer: TBD, but the OEM should supply instructions