Charge Tank Inlet Bracket Install
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is for a DIY installation for the Charge Tank's inlet bracket, useful for many aftermarket charging solutions.
- Bracket p/n 12-08047XX (formerly p/n 12-0804713; might also be 26-08096) special order $106 USD
- Steps (Used MY2016 DSR)
- Remove helmet lock
- Thread the grounding strap onto the studded bracket and reinstall it through the frame.
- Suggestion: Use a short section of painters masking tape stuck around the thread of the studs to itself like a "flag" to keep the ground strap secure in its position until the studded bracket can be fully seated to where the helmet lock used to be secured.
- The "flag" can be pulled up through the bolt holes in the frame and removed when ready.
- FIXME: There is an alternative way to secure the ground strap which is easier and recommended by the OEM.
- ?? Take a guess. There's a bag of parts.
- FIXME: Describe what all the parts are and how they should be installed.
- With the inlet bracket installed, two of the top mounting holes on the bracket are meant to be fastened through the chargetank cowl and into the inlet bracket.
- You only need to mount the J1772 inlet itself to the bracket using the rear top two locations.
- The front top two locations will be further secured when the chargetank cowl is mounted.