Gen2/Accessory Charging Port
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Zero platform includes a charging circuit terminated by a hard-mounted brown Anderson SBS-75X connector to support OEM and third-party additional chargers.
Warning Warning: Only supply DC power to this port in the battery's normal range, or risk catastrophic damage to the battery.
- All external chargers are switching power supplies that turn AC (or sometimes DC!) power at a wider range of voltages into DC that behaves well with Zero's battery technology and voltage range.
- 2012 Zero batteries operate in a lower voltage range than 2013+ Zero batteries; chargers for one range of years should never be used on another range of years.
- To use
- Remove the rubber boot cover and plug in the charger(s).
- Use the onboard charger in conjunction with the accessory charging port to keep the motorcycle in charging mode (allows keying off while charging among other things).
- Replace the rubber boot after unplugging the charger(s).
|X||2013+||Forward of the motor on the right lower side of the frame, under a plastic panel with 5 fasteners.|
|S||2011-2012||Right side of the battery.|
|2013||Above the motor on the right side (opposite the ODB-II port).|
|2014+||Above the motor on the left side (more accessible than 2013), covered by a rubber boot.|
- Mounting (SDS Platform)
- A small M2.5 Allen key socket head bolt runs through the connector's hole into a collared insert on a flanged edge of the board mounting plate.
- To detach or re-attach, it's been found only possibly by pulling the board mounting plate up by enough room to fit a right-angle Allen key underneath, between the connector and the motor fins, about an inch or two.