Jump to navigation Jump to search
This procedure replaces the dash or instrument cluster on Gen2 models.
- Video Guide
- Tools for headlamp removal.
- Tools for SDS seat removal.
- 10mm hex socket
- Key off the motorcycle and unplug any chargers.
- Gain access to the dash connector:
- Remove the seat.
- Remove the tank plastics.
- Remove or pull any Charge Tank or Power Tank installed.
- Remove the zip-tie holding the connector.
- Unclip and disconnect the connector.
- Remove the headlamp.
- Disconnect the instrument cluster from the bike.
- Use the 10mm hex socket to loosen and remove the nylon locknuts and washers from the underside of the instrument cluster.
- Pull the connector and cable through the frame, and then through the forward wiring around the head tube.
- Remove the instrument cluster from the bike.
- Place the new instrument cluster (having removed the locknuts from the mounting bolts) onto its supports.
- Run the connector and cable through the forward wiring around the head tube, then through the right frame shoulder, then across to the left side of the frame into the forward tank area.
- Clip and secure the connector to its corresponding end of the wiring harness.
- Zip-tie the connector to hold it in place.
- Use the 10mm hex socket to put the nylon locknuts and washers in place on the mounting bolts, and tighten.
- Replace the headlamp.
- Replace the tank plastics.
- Replace the seat.