Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to use the instrument cluster to extract basic diagnostics from the bike, and also understand when and how it's malfunctioning.
- Entire Display Flashes
- If the dash display in its entirety is flashing after keying the bike on, this indicates an onboard charger self-test failure.
- Key the bike off and wait for a few seconds and retry, and it should clear.
- No Backlight
- Check your running lights and license plate lights, if those are also out then check the fusebox (see: seat removal).
- If the fuse pops right away, there is a short circuit in the wiring harness (as happened to a MY2016 DSR pinched wiring harness (or mouse nest!) to the license plate lights).
- Disconnect the tail light module and the display module connectors; if the fuse still pops, try removing the tail and tracing the short circuit.