Helmet Lock Removal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This removes the helmet lock from the bike.
- The following photos feature a 2016-DSR bike.
- 3mm Allen key
- Remove the front fender
- Remove the cowl
- Loosen the bolt holding the ABS module in place from underneath, located above where the front fender was.
- The ABS module appears to be mounted on two or three of these bolts with rubber vibration isolation around the bolts.
- When this bottom bolt is free, the ABS module can be rotated from within the under-cowl area for better access to the innards.
- Drop the flasher relay and accessory power plugs out of the way and, using a mirror, locate the bolt holding the helmet lock in place.
- Loosen the bolts holding the helmet lock in place.
- The left one is more easily accessible.
- Clearances for the right bolt are very tight and it may not be possible to rotate any tool to loosen the right bolt.
- After removing the left bolt, it can be possible to loosen the right bolt by holding the right bolt in place and rotating the helmet lock itself.
Warning Warning: The left side bolt will have a ground strap ring and bite washer attached, take extra care DO NOT lose these.
- Optional: Chargetank Bracket Installation
- Reinstall the bottom bolt for the ABS unit bottom bolt, cowl, and front fender.
- Advanced: Relocate the helmet lock