OEM Side Rack Install
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This installs the OEM Side Rack.
- This process is a little complicated.
- The rack kit comes with reasonably good instructions so for now this only addresses the complications to be aware of:
- The lower mounts are a pair of brackets that bolt to the inside of the frame where the passenger pegs are installed.
- There is very little clearance in this area, because it faces the motor.
- A telescoping ratcheting wrench or a small open ended socket wrench will be necessary to tighten the bolts.
- Removing the lower side plastics yields some clearance from the front for working with these bolts using a flat wrench.
- Do not fully tighten these bracket mounts until the entire assembly is in place, and then tighten them evenly.
- The assembly that holds the turn signals will be projected rearwards to clear the cases.
- This requires some work with the wiring to re-run them through the new bracket and is slightly awkward but can be finished with a little patience.
- The rubber bumpers needed to dampen side case vibration might fall out if you ride without the cases.
- Maybe apply a little rubber glue or such to hold them in place if this is a concern.