OEM Touring Screen Install
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This installs the OEM Touring Windscreen on any Zero model.
- Used a MY2016 DSR
- OEM Screens are from MRA; most MRA screens for naked bikes have the same hardware type, so these instructions apply to the commuter screen as well, aside from the spoiler.
- Tools (common to many MRA mounts' hardware)
- 6mm Allen key wrench for the handlebar clamp bolts and replacements.
- 3mm Allen key wrench for the screen mounts.
- (Optional) flat blade screwdriver to set spoiler adjustment tension/firmness.
- Contents of kit (TOURING SCREEN 10-08058 $250 usd)
- Windscreen assembly, plastic edge piping trim and two metal clips.
- A lot of these things are shrink wrapped to a card.
- Assemble ball socket windscreen things to be tensioned by nuts and socket head bolts
- Orient ball mount assemblies and slide on handlebar mounting brackets
- Prepare windscreen through-mount pieces and affix to windscreen
- Mount to handlebars using provided bolts to replace the top stock handlebar clamp bolts. Torque per the owner's manual.
- Add piping
- Left-over parts
- Handlebar clamp bolts
- Piping scrap.