(Redirected from Rear Axle)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The rear axle is hollow, threaded on the right side and capped on the left for swingarm fitment.
|Years||Inner Diameter||Outer Diameter||Pitch|
This is part of Rear Wheel Removal.
- 27mm socket
- Breaker bar
- Place the motorcycle on a lift or rear stand so the wheel spins freely.
- Mark/photograph where the alignment marks reside on each side of the axle for re-alignment when re-installing the wheel.
- Loosen the rear axle nut on the right side (27mm) with the breaker bar.
- Remove the rear axle nut.
- Pull the axle part-way out so that the wheel can be moved forward enough to loosen the belt.
- Pull the belt off of the rear sprocket and let it hang outside of the swingarm slightly to avoid interfering with the wheel.
- Pull the axle through the wheel from the left side.