SDS Platform/Create Quick Seat Release
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Most motorcycle manufacturers offer a secure but quick seat release using the ignition key.
- Accessing the 12V fuse panel without a special tool on the road is the most common use-case.
- Accessing the OBD-II port for data logging, diagnostics, or iterative modification is less common but important for supporting other modifications.
- Unbolt the bracket from the seat pan.
- Create a new fastening joint by making a hole in the seat pan.
- Create a place for the quick-release control to emerge from the frame around the tail.
- Use a quick-release pin to control it through this opening.
- Forum user Lecram describes his project
- Pitking Products Quick Release Clip - Push Button Release
- Sargent Fast Access Pins replace the seat bolts (but don't work as well once the top rack is installed).
- Sargent Pin Instructions for the SV650