SDS Platform/OEM Fly Screen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The OEM Fly Screen provides 2013 Zero models with a small but reasonably good-looking hard plastic shroud around the Koso instrument cluster.
- Presumably this has a marginal effect on drag and energy consumption, but it probably helps smooth airflow with or without a windscreen.
- 2014+ S models have a plastic enclosure for the headlamp that interferes with this.
- Flyscreen parts
- Flyscreen rubber bumper with tape
- (2) spacers
- (2) M5⨉25 cap head bolts
- 3mm Allen key
- Cutting tool (~scissors)
- Remove the upper mounting screws for the headlight.
- Place the included bolts through the holes in the side of the flyscreen.
- Place the spacers onto the bolts on the inside of the flyscreen.
- Carefully place the flyscreen over the headlamp, matching the bolt position to the upper headlight mounting holes.
- The bolts must be withdrawn slightly to surround the headlight mount points.
- Engage the flyscreen mounting bolts to hold the flyscreen onto the headlight.
- Cut the rubber bumper's two side spacers off.
- Place the bumper against the top of the Koso gauge instrument cluster.
- Remove the tape along the top and press the flyscreen to it.
- Tighten the flyscreen mounting bolts.