SDS Platform/Tank Plastics/Removal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This describes removing 2013+ S platform tank plastics.
- Patrick Truchon's Under the Hood notes show photos of removal with simple instructions.
- Keep removed fasteners and washers organized so you don't lose them.
- 3mm allen key wrench.
- PH2 Philips Head screwdriver
- preferably a compact side-ratcheting tool or a very long tool to reach across/through the steering head area.
- Remove the seat.
- Use the 3mm allen wrench to loosen both bolts at the rear of the "tank" around the frame centerline.
- These have washers to mind keeping.
- Use the 3mm allen wrench to loosen 2 bolts at the front of the tank around the lock / handlebars.
- These also have washers.
- At this point, the flexible plastics attaching the tank to the front of the frame allow lifting the tank slightly if that is enough for your purposes.
- Use the Philips-head screwdriver to loosen the three screws on each side of the front inside of the tank.
- Lift and remove the tank plastics.