Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The 2013+ Zero frame for FX/FXS (and X/MX/XU) bikes is made of anodized aluminum, weighs 20lbs, and is a combination of cast parts and welded square tubing of 1-inch outer width.
- The frame fits two power pack modules, one Long Brick module (2017), or one module and an empty space for carrying small cargo.
- The FXP fleet model has a crash guard mount option like the SP/DSP models but is smaller and mounted lower.
- Paint matching
- All models have the same anodized aluminum with a black finish/paint.
- Some paint repair suggestions on this thread are worth examining: FX frame touch up
- Iterations by Year
- Each year's frame from 2013 onward is incrementally improved and stronger than the prior year.
- The 2014 frame changed up the way the side plastics bolt on and provides for the power tank via the carrier bracket.
- The 2015 frame included pre-drilled holes for the crash guards for fleet/police models.
- The 2016 frame seems to be a little more built-up and has additional members bracing the diagonals to the main beams behind the shoulder.