Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rate Of Improvement
- Battery technology is improving every year, but not at the same rate as computer technology.
- A 10% per year increase in capacity might be a reasonable expectation.
- We can always hope that there will be a significant breakthrough that makes is way to production and changes the state of the art much quicker.
- For the time being though, we have robust technology that should give you five to ten years of service and a range of about 100 miles of mixed riding as long as you don't spend much time on fast roads.
- What To Expect For Now
- It's perfect for many city commuters and people who like relaxed rides taking the country roads.
- You will need an ICE bike for longer journeys and touring, unless you are willing to plan in long charging stops.
- If you can use your bike for your commute or have regular trips that cover less than 100 miles a day, then range anxiety won't be an issue.