Brake Grinding Sound
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brakes may make a mild grinding sound.
- It may even be audible while rolling when the brakes are not applied at all, but will increase in volume with brake pressure.
- This is normal and is just the brake pads dragging on the rotors.
- Related Confirming Symptoms
- Only while braking.
- Grainy feeling through the brake lever or pedal.
- None known.
- Potential Solutions
- Organic brake pads will generally be quieter than sintered or semi-sintered pads.