Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Gen1 models are unsupported by Zero but are relatively simple in operation.
- Replacing an aging or failed battery can be effective (if expensive) for the right owner with the skills or access to a professional.
- There are several somewhat documented reports of using a stack of Nissan LEAF 7.4V 60Ah modules (7 in series or 7s = 51.8V ≅ 52V) to replace a pre-2013 Zero S-platform battery pack.
- Reportedly, the BMS handles this relatively well. Details still being assembled.
- 2011 XU total rebuild, need batt advice by user honey_badger.
- Completed Zero 2010 X battery rebuild with lithium pouch cells by user Brian Zero, likely Zero's battery engineer.
- Restoring a 2010 Zero S Electric Motorcycle Battery